Friday, July 2, 2021

Quote Of The Day & Thoreau's Walden

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

- Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Henry David Thoreau's is one of those rare humans who taught me how to observe nature and live in nature amidst the self-centered and pandemonium filled sapiens. He validated living in nature is not only beautiful and peaceful but also helps one see and think clearly and enables continuously try to become a better person. 

Since the day Max died, I stopped posting quote of the day on this blog. Even when I had nothing to post, I used to post a quote everyday. I did that to consciously remind myself that I am so lucky to have Max next to me for another day and no matter what happens, I need to immensely grateful for this another day with Max. 

Over the years, every time I posted Thoreau's Walden quote on this blog - it meant, I was going through bad times and for me, bad times only equated to Max being not well. But during Max's younger days, Walden quote meant we are having a wonderful time. 

I found solace in a subjective Walden I had created in my mind while Max objectified that Walden. Max was there always next to me and I was there for him. He gave me more than Walden. I don't if there is heaven or hell and I don't even want to know nor care. But Max gave me heaven on earth. Whatever the beautiful words some of the greatest poets had ever described, Max showed that to me in reality and I was lucky enough to live and experience those poetic world. 

Eighteen months after Max passed away, today we are going to have a real Walden. A peaceful, and beautiful place in the woods. 

This new Walden will help preserve the memories of Max in the home we lived together for thirteen years and this home where Max spent his entire will be the place I will comeback to take my last breathe on this beautiful blue planet. 

I wish Max was there with me to be in the woods. He would have loved it. But he is not here today to come with me. There is nothing in world that can make that happen. So my body and mind does what evolution has gifted me to cope with moments and days like this one - I cry. I miss you Max. 


No comments: