Monday, February 18, 2013

Quote of the Day

The company I work for pays me well for the work I do. The benefits are fantastic and they are generous with vacation time. I really have no complaints about working for them. As much as this latest even stings, I understand the business rationale behind it. My group is shrinking, the other group is growing and it’s a logical move. What has been hard to deal with is how it has affected my ego. Even though it bothers me, my status at work does play a role in my self-worth. There is a large amount of unknown for me at this point. I don’t know if I will like the new position or be good at it. While my coworkers are not family, they are least familiar. What I have also learned is that I don’t like change very much.

- Mike Dwyer, Ego In The Workplace


No comments: