Friday, March 22, 2013

What I've Been Reading

Triumphs of Experience: The Men of the Harvard Grant Study by George E. Vaillant. I agreed with David Brooks few weeks ago when he wrote what data cannot do but little did I know that George Vaillant's meticulous data would give me an answer to one of the many questions that had been bothering all my life:

"What goes right is more important than what does wrong."

With perseverance, persistence and patience, data can at-least lead us in the right path if not a precise answer.

There are two pillars of happiness revealed by the seventy-five-year-old Grant Study. One is love. The other is finding a way of coping with life that does not push love away.




This more important as we get old that I don't want you to think less of yourself  , I want you to think of yourself less and if you haven't learned that by the time you are my age,you are in for a lot of trouble. 



No comments: