Friday, December 15, 2017

Quote of the Day

I was not the only person who was bothered by S’s behavior. He relentlessly pressured my friend, a female graduate student, to have sex with him by saying that because he was married and she was engaged, those two things “cancelled each other out”. Therefore, he argued, they should have sex.

At this same conference, the morning after a particularly debaucherous night, a married professor was overheard imploring other people to smell his fingers following an encounter with a junior colleague. With the benefit of hindsight, I now recognize my experience at that conference as a critical moment in my career, one I looked back on shortly thereafter when I decided that perhaps this version of academia was not for me.

- This is why I don't care about "evil" AI of an imagined future but I am worry every moment about assoles like "S" working in AI. Let us throw this assole of the the field. Btw.,  you have to call an assole, an assole otherwise what is the point of having that word.

No comments: