Sunday, May 3, 2020

It was a Beautiful Day!

Being not into small talk, I despised the "weather" talks with acquaintances. Even with friends when there is nothing more say or a serious topic needs to be changed, they would start talking weather. Daniel Kahneman has done a bunch of studies on moving to warmer weather that doesn't make one happy.  Then, I read a study where the authors had great insight; these small "weather" talks help with the social dance with strangers. I am not big into social studies but that did help me subside my aversion to weather talks.

After over a month, parks here were open to the public. To top it off, it was a perfect spring day. A beautiful day. A beautiful day, Max would have loved playing frisbee and just strolling happily in the park. I miss my Max and I miss Max's me. Today, was the first time I had the courage to kiss his small strand of hair the nicest guy who cremated Max had cut and packed it in a plastic envelope.

Not sure, how many springs and summers I have to live through and miss Max. No amount of crying will bring him back. But yet, in the midst of this heartache and crying, Max has the power to bring a smile to face. Someday we will again become one in this big old space and time by becoming invisible particles. Until then, I will miss you.

I am I because I loved you and you loved me.


No comments: