Friday, March 15, 2024

Meta Values - 24

Having Max inside me, how do I live amongst self centered humans with insatiable desires?

Roughly, I bucket humans into three kinds. 

First kind dwells in their self centered world while dancing to the tunes of anthropomorphic societal music. I encounter these kinds most and I quietly observe them  to understand mass humanity. In a quiet absorption mode, I try to perpetually understand human nature. 

The next two kinds are barbells or books. 

The second kind are like barbells to strengthen myself. These kinds are convinced they "know" and "understand" life. It is impossible for them to change their minds. I used to waste tons of time talking and arguing with them. Now, I use them as barbells. In other words, I use the weight of their rigid mind to understand how worse humans can perceive reality and most importantly, throw my mind at them and evaluate what comes back from the worst kind of humans. 

The third kind of people are books to me. In complete silence, they unleash so much wisdom. These are the wonderful beings who probably nudged me to bring Max home in my younger years. They help me make better judgments under radical uncertainty. They are the gods of my mind palace. 

Of course, there are some moments when people move between their kinds. I am still working towards being flexible, not rigidly putting them in buckets but being aware of those precious moments when people temporarily switch kinds. Those moments are when mere conversations sparks an insight which eventually might transform into wisdom. 



No comments: