Saturday, February 12, 2011

Breaking Up With A Cable Company Is Hard To Do

That's an understatement, so last year I had to use that magic word  - I am "moving". The conversation went smooth from there sans the sales pitch like this one here:

"Me: Hi, I’m Kerry. Here’s my account number. I’d like to quit my television services with [service provider] today. Thank you.
Stealthy Agent: Would you like additional channels? How about I bundle your cell phone, landline, and cable into one easy-to-pay package? This reduces your costs by 15% and increases our profit margin by 500%. Plus we’ll charge it directly to your credit card so you don’t notice the bill when we increase our rates by 5% every year!
Me: Umm, No thank you.
Stealthy Agent: Upgrading to HDTV is on special this month. And we’ll install a fresh new dish at no charge. It’ll only add another hole in your roof.
Me: Umm, No thank you.
Stealthy Agent: You’ve been a subscriber for years. That’s like a billion dollars we’ve already billed you. I’d like to offer you three months for free by signing up for a ten year contract. No strings attached.
Me: Umm, No thank you. I’d like to quit, thank you.
Stealthy Agent: I’ll cut your bill in half if you stay.
Me: Sweating Please, no. LET ME GO!
Stealthy Agent: Based on your contract, you have to give 30 days notice before ending the agreement. Sorry.
Me: You’re kidding me? OK, Day One starts TODAY!
Stealthy Agent: Great! I’ll call back every day this month to get you to change your mind.CLICK"

-More 
Here

No comments: