Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Quote of the Day

"I was a marksmanship coach for 3 years, which involved weapons training and general safety. A couple of times, a shooter would point a gun at me or another shooter, or just do something generally unsafe. In these circumstances I had to be a huge douchebag to these people and shame them/make them feel like a complete idiot so I knew they wouldn't do it again. Sometimes being an asshole is the only way to get the job done."

Justice Adam Whitmer



"The issue of redistributing an asshole’s points to all of us who use that asshole’s products sets an important precedent …. This is a fundamental problem of democracy …. If we all really had to suffer the consequences for enabling Apple, or Microsoft, or, I don't know, say, the Pentagon, it'd be a different world.  Instead we – I – just lollipop along, members of world bound by such mind-blowing webs of injustice and mendacity that we feel safe just shrugging and concluding that it's all too huge for us to do anything about."

- Justice Jenny Boylan

No comments: