Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Quote of the Day

"Sorry if this topic is too personal, Andrew. I do not want to be intrusive. I have lost friends and cannot quite put in words or even hold consistent thoughts about it. I just wanted to send you a huge teary hug. I started to read Arguably yesterday. I had already read many of the essays there, but I had to keep reading him. Today I woke up to this news, went directly to the Dish to read it only in your words, and cried for the best bastard damn writer who made me nod in agreement as much as shake my head in exasperation. This one goes to him, to you, to your friendship, and to all the writings, passions, ideals, debates, disagreements, infuriating facts, pet peeves, anger, love, wonder and humanity that each of you shared with all of us."

- A Reader's email to Andrew on Hitchens 

No comments: