Thursday, December 27, 2012

Quote of the Day

Another way of avoiding the game would be perfect honesty and straightforwardness, since of the main techniques of those who seek power is deceit and secrecy. Being honest will inevitably hurt and insult a great many of people, some of whom will choose to injure you in return. No one will ever see your honest statement as completely objective and free of some personal motivation.

Very recently I have pondered the value of honesty from others, it is truly a gift if someone is honest with you, which is why it so rarely happens. Another person has to genuinely care about you to tell you the truth. Admittedly I perceive myself as a person that is conscious of honesty to myself and others, from which I stand to reap, or suffer from, my own kharma and fate. I fear as much as I obey, due to motivation. I do not enforce honesty on myself for the benefit of all others, as the altruistic idea of honesty would suppose but more of a tactic, commonly labelled ‘CYA.’


- 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene


No comments: