Sunday, October 20, 2013

What Fact Do You Accept Intellectually, But Still Feels "Wrong" To You?

Excellent reddit thread; read the whole thing - it's very very very interesting:
  • Placebo effect
  • Dinosaurs
  • 86% of species on Earth are still unknown
  • Pretty much everything about quantum physics
  • How computers work. How can 1's and 0's translate into a fucking website I have no idea
  • Pineapples should grow on trees. It upsets me when I see this bullshit
  • That people can think in languages other than my native one
  • That if you don't have a kid, you're the first one since your ancestral line started to not reproduce
My favorite one :

That I'm going to die one day. Eventually... my body will just stop working and there is nothing I can do about it - 


"That gets to me all the time. The thing that gets to me the most is not necessarily death but the feeling that my existence is pointless. I walk into a graveyard and see masses of graves with names of people I do not know. A "Margaret Smith" or "James Baker" from the 1800s was a person just like me. With their own thoughts, ideas, interests, and passions. At the end of the day, that is all I will be. A grave with a name and forever forgotten. Sure my immediate family will miss me, but what about my great great family? I will be just a whisper upon their lips as they learn family history. Forever forgotten and pointless."


No comments: