Friday, August 22, 2014

Convince Me that a Tesla is a Better Use of My Money than ...

Excellent Reditt Thread - A must read !!

  • I haven't been to a gas station in a year and a half. In the 1.5 years I've had it, that would have been ~60 gas station visits with another car. Ain't nobody got time for that shit.
  • I haven't had my oil changed. In the 1.5 years I've had it, that would have been 3-4 oil changes with another car.
  • I don't have to get smogged this year, or ever in the future. In another car, I would have to do it in the next few months.
  • I have generated more electricity off the solar panels on my roof than I've used in the car. In my other car that would have been about 750 gallons of gasoline, or about $3,000 in gas, and I would have dumped about 7.5 tons of CO2 into the atmosphere.
  • I HAVE had a few issues that I've needed to drop the car off for, but it was hassle free - I dropped the car off and hopped in 1) a faster, better Tesla, 2) a faster, better Tesla, 3) a Roadster for the day while they worked on mine. Each time they've taken it they've fixed my issue and improved my car in some other way (wind noise above windshield gone, creak in pano roof gone, titanium underbody shield added, etc.).
  • A few months ago I got hill hold (Let go of brake on a hill and the car doesn't roll until you apply gas) downloaded on my car over wirelessly while I slept. A whole bunch of other minor improvements have come through as well.
  • In my Tesla I can peel off the line to get around other cars without making an obnoxious "look how big my dick is" engine rev.
  • I can fit every ounce of kitesurfing gear in my car and still have room for a couple suitcases... in the back alone and then fill the front up with groceries or bags, and you can't see anything from outside the car.
  • I can fit 5 people in there easy.
  • I dunno man, sometimes I see other really, really nice, much more expensive cars on the road, and I'm sure they go faster, handle better, something something than my car, but I wouldn't trade mine in for any of them (except a higher model Tesla).
 

No comments: