Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Happy Birthday Garph!

Two years ago, when I took Max to the vet, we saw Garph in a cage and he was up for adoption. Max's vet had saved his life, amputated one of his hind leg, kept him in his clinic for 2 months until he recovered and put him for adoption that week since his owners wanted to kill him. 

I was going through the hardest phase of my life with Max's cancer; looking back he had 4 more months to live. But my life with Max and his lessons he taught me to make right choices no matter the circumstances. My respect for Max's vet grew tremendously for what he did for Garph. I decided to bring Garph home even though he hissed at Max and hated him at the first site. That was one of handful of best decisions I had ever made in my life.

Buddha inside Garph came out with hours of coming home. He was mellow with Max and used to sit next him for hours. Weird as it sounds, he fills the void in my life by bringing the Buddha and mellowness that Max gifted for 13 plus years. 

Thank you Garph coming home during the worst phase. You are one of the reasons I still trust and try to follow Buddha's Eight Fold Path. It is not easy to do amongst sapiens but this planet gave you to me but yet I haven't returned the favor. I haven't returned any of the numerous favors this planet has gifted me. Living with you maybe someday I will know how to return the favor or maybe just living the eight fold path is good enough? I don't know. 

Happy Fourth Birthday Garph! Thank you for everything and you know Max loved you. May be Max fought for his life that October and came back home to spend more time with you. I don't know. 







Hardest thing in life now is going through old pictures and looking at Max. How can someone you wish so much for is only visible now as mere pixels... but yet I grateful for those pixels. 






No comments: