Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Lost and Limits of My Pre-Frontal Cortex

Lost is the only show I watch on TV and the way the final season is unwinding, it has clearly become my all time favorite show. With so much going on - Max, work, home et al, it has become impossible to think and predict the mystery.

In psychology, Miller came up with the magical number
seven plus or minus two which is rough threshold level of number of objects the human working memory can hold. The mystery behind Lost is impossible to solve by just thinking. One needs to write it down, may be develop a flow chart of some sort to even begin to connect the dots. I am sure lots of crazies would have already done that. I used to be obsessed after every episode to deduce a theory, driving myself nuts. But this final season is the first season I enjoying Lost with no pressure of thinking.

I don't care anymore:
What quantum physics has to do with philosophies of Jock Locke, Jeremy Bentham and David Hume.
How the numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42 flirts with Buddhist drama (and/or Hindu Karma?).

The conjunction of Electromagnetism and Bio-tech for a parallel universe.
If any hidden political message between utilitarianism and categorical imperative.
If its about good vs evil or right vs wrong.

I am just gonna sit back and enjoy the show. Thank you J.J.Abrams for driving us crazy for six long years, it was one heck of a ride. 


Btw, fMRI on David Humes last night probably had no relevance to the story line and purely done for the heck of it!! Neurosciencist's dream come to true!!

No comments: