Monday, August 16, 2010

Inception - I Wish...

Driving back home from the theatre after midnight, I cannot stop thinking all this could be a dream. My life, Max, the love, the fun, the chaos and every damn thing could be a dream. In the mean time, the ape inside was hatching a plan to dream inside a dream. But not sure how go about it, seemed inconceivable.
Max as usual made me feel like a rock star with his rocking welcome after reaching home. I still cannot stop thinking about the possible ubiquitous illusion. Even watching Max pee felt surreal. It was way past mid night and there was not a damn thing happening but I forced myself to be delusional. People do anything to get a good night sleep, thank goodness I am gifted when it comes to sleep. The moment the eyes close, I am into la-la land and there by flushing the plans of cascading dream. Next morning, I am glad there were no dreams (I am pretty sure of it though!!) since pursing on the cascading dream front is asking for one way ticket to Shutter Island.

If you are looking for "neuroscience of inception", I am no neuroscientist but I can assure you there is zilch. Best analogy I can think of is trying to master quantum physics before Newton was born. Neuroscience hasn't even scratched the surface; probably not even eligible to speculate on the science behind it. Nevertheless, for obvious reasons I wish I can do that once. I would do anything to spend few minutes to enter the consciousness of Max. It's one journey I have been longing to take. And Of-course I want to steal the "Idea of Max."


Some say, I see what I want to see in Max. May be it's true but yet what I see, feels real and is spectacular. So even if I see what I want to see and in that sense why don't I see the same in anyone else? Either: 

  • What I want to see and what he really is are in harmony 
  • Max knows what I want to see and shows me only that
  • Max is really what I see and I fell for it
  • Simply I see what I want to see in him
  • Something completely out of this league like Toxo!! 
Perhaps, I would never know the answer since the inception of "idea of inception" is long ways to go. So be it.

To answer my own question: Yes, Inception is much better (understatement) than Minority Report.

No comments: