Monday, June 3, 2013

What I've Been Reading

Feynman by Jim Ottaviani and Leland Myrick. I don't remember the last time I read any comics, but I think millions will understand and inspired by science if more science books were written like this fascinating graphic biographic of Feynman - A must read!!

On how he quit drinking:
But one afternoon I found myself thinking in Rio: Yeah that's what I want. I'd love a drink right about now. 
It was a really strong feeling. 
Wait a minuet! But there was no social reason to drink, and the strong feeling scared me.
I get so much fun out of thinking that I don't wanna mess up the machine that makes life a kick. So I decided, right there, never to drink again. 

On his friendship with Jerry and how art helped him:
The idea as this, I'd been having this dopey arguments all my life about Art vs. Science. 
Feynman: We never get anywhere because you don't know a damn thing about science, and I don't know a damn thing about art. 
So on alternate Sundays I'll give you lessons in science and you give me lessons in art. 
Jerry: Sure, I'll teach you how to draw.
Feynman: Impossible
Jerry: Not impossible, of-course you'll have to work. 
Feynman - I was willing to work and I actually had a private reason for doing so. I wanted to communicate an emotion I had about the mathematical beauty of nature. This vast world, all run behind the scenes by same organization. 








No comments: