Saturday, March 29, 2014

Wisdom Of The Week

I don't have the heart to watch Satyamev Jayatev regulary but somehow this week I mustered some courage to watch the episode on Indian police. The moment the show began I was so "convinced" that Aamir will be bashing the police with a victim centric show.

I was so wrong!! He turned the show around and made it empathetic to the cops by probing into the root cause of the whole issue. I never knew 92% of indian police force is made up of constables (the lowest grade). While 92% of the police force is psychologically bruised,  no wonder the state of law and order is in a dismal state .

It was an amazing experience to watch myself change with in a span of an hour from a life long righteous negative bias against Indian cops to feel empathy for them. I could see Daniel Kahneman shaking his head and smiling.






No comments: