Sunday, January 10, 2010

An Education

Watched the Oscar buzzing movie, "An Education" and I had mixed feeling. No doubt, it's a great movie and I loved the ending. My mixed feeling is more about the ground reality than about the movie.

Most of the "common sense" wisdom is already out there but yet every generation perceptually re-learns the same wisdom through a hard way and worse most don't even learn.

Carey Mulligan gave the performance of her life as Jenny. I am saying this even though I never rooted for her even for a moment since I loathe all the dopamine driven hedonic idiocy she was doing.  I was expecting her to fail in life, hold a grudge but she proved me wrong. I loved it.
"What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" and that's the spirit of this movie. This movie hit close to home and I was stressed out watching this movie. The ending changed it all and the best part is it can be emulated in real life sans the quixotic sliver screen fiction, only if we self-relect, shed our egos et al.

Jenny graduated in life, the moment she said sorry to her teacher. World can use more Jenny's.

No comments: