Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Malcontent vs Schadenfreude

In my hypothetical world, I am forced to choose between a Malcontent or Schadenfreude as friend to spend rest of the life in a island (ofcourse in real world, I rather die and there is no place to go without Max).Its a tough choice but picking the choice depends on knowing thyself.

I probably have very active mirror neurons which would lead Malcontents to be very contagious and eventually a perceptual downhill cycle of depression. Schadenfreude on the other hand cannot have same contagious effect since mirror neurons is loaded with empathy but the bad news is  Schadenfreude probably lack active mirror neurons.

Considering different logic, sometimes Schadenfreude can have some fun outside their defined boundaries of "fun" and worst case they might have some normal time by faking it. Malcontent definitely cannot have fun which goes against everything they "believe" and best case scenario might be a Sisyphean effort recovering from an episode.

Equation changes if it gets physical but nevertheless Malcontent can be a slow poison  and can be suicidal.Well, at-least excesses of one can be considered unlawful and other kind at the best can pop bills but still living in the society.
 

Yeah, lately I have been having the pleasure of exposed constantly with both types but I am probably biased by the intensity difference. I cannot begin to explain who grateful for Max saving me from being contaminated.

"Because they feel unhappy, men cannot bear the sight of someone who is happy." - Arthur Schopenhauer

No comments: