Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What I've been reading

The Time Paradox by Philip Zimbardo & John Boyd , was on my list for while now ever since I watched Phil's TED talk last year. Need to take time perspective test  before reading the book otherwise it wouldnt make sense or it would too convinient to nudge the test positively if we take the test after read the book .
I had mixed feelings about the book. The time perspective classifications were right on the mark and sure it will make us think about our short comings. It's kind of weird I read this book since I am trying to get out of the viscous cycle defined by time we all live in and just enjoy the moment like Max does. This book is bound to have a profound impact of many peoples lives  although it didn't for me. Books falls short giving solutions,  since there is no easy panacea to be preached. Well, self reflection is the only panacea and if that was easy, wouldn't we all be living in an utopian world?

"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." - Leo Tolstoy

No comments: