Saturday, March 6, 2010

Finding Marley in Max

Marley and Me was the first dog book I read when Max used to still fit in my lap. In-fact it was the first dog book I ever read other than James Herriot stories. So that book had an impact on me and I do at times subconsciously compare Max with Marley.

Most people who meet Max for the first time say he is so much like Marley. Same thing happened today - "Oh my god!! He is so much like Marley!!",  when we went to the vet to get his Frontline refill.

When Max met
Marley's John Grogan last year, Grogan said "Marley was more crazier than Max." I agree with Grogan. Max destroyed the garage walls, carpet, shoes and what not during his teething tenure but he hasn't done any of that in the past three years. These days I break more stuff around the house than he does. He sits on the leather couch all day looking at the window waiting for me to come home. Anthropomorphically speaking, I think Max is a rational version of Marley. Today is perfect spring day here and for past three months we missed our daily frisbee sessions. The moment we came back from the vet, Max ran to pick up his frishbee and wanted to play. I have no idea how he correlated good weather with playing frishbee. No wonder, I think he is rational. 

No comments: