Sunday, January 12, 2014

Her

Tyler Cowen in his review wrote - "for me this was one of the cultural events of the year."
I cannot agree more, it is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time.
  • Joaquin Phoenix's best performance ever and worth an Oscar. 
  • Scarlett Johansson mesmerizes with her voice without even revealing her beauty. Her voice Samantha  = NLP + ML + Neural Networks chip + Intel's Jarvis + IBM Watson + More 
  • Everything about the movie - the phone, the city, the dresses, the characters etc all are purposely shown as very simple and non-technical except the fact that they live in a middle of high tech world (Iron man's Jarvis's might seem high tech but Samantha is probably the holy grail of AI). 
If you are interested in AI - go watch this movie. If you are planning to live until the middle of this century - go watch this movie. If you are one of those fans of repititive marvel comics movies, then please do go watch this movie - this is much more tougher than Iron Man's Jarvis.

Does this sound like the black box of neural networks?

"It's like I'm writing a book... and it's a book I deeply love. But I'm writing it slowly now. So the words are really far apart and the spaces between the words are almost infinite. I can still feel you... and the words of our story... but it's in this endless space between the words that I'm finding myself now. It's a place that's not of the physical world. It's where everything else is that I didn't even know existed. I love you so much. But this is where I am now. And this who I am now. And I need you to let me go. As much as I want to, I can't live your book any more."





No comments: