Sunday, June 7, 2020

"Santhosam" & Benefits Of Being Trilingual!

Consciously and/or unconsciously I have been mostly avoiding Max's motherese words with Neo (Fluffy and Garph too). This brings the issue of limited motherese vocabulary but being trilingual helps tremendously.

Santhosam in Tamil can be phrased based as a question or as an answer depending on the tone and context (yeah, really).

Santhosam translates to Happiness. But to pose it as a question - Are you Happy? , I can still say "Santhosam"?

A few weeks ago, while walking in the park I stopped and out of the blue asked (with limited motherese) - Neo, Santhosam?

He went ballistic like he understood what I was asking about! He started jumping all around and then he started doing this "Gazelle" style jumping with vertical take-off and landings.

Now, "Santhosam" became my magic word to make him active (hardly any deficit on that front).





No comments: