Sunday, February 14, 2021

A Gift 13 Years In Making, Came To Light 13 Months After Max


Cobb: Imagine you're designing a building. You consciously create each aspect. But sometimes it feels like it's almost "creating itself", if you know what I mean.

Ariadne: Yeah, like I'm discovering it.

Cobb: Genuine inspiration, right? Now, in a dream, our mind continuously does this. We create and perceive our world simultaneously, and our mind does this so well that we don't even know it's happening. That allows us to get right in the middle of that process.

In the movie Inception, Leonardo would be peacefully sitting outside a cafe while the buildings and everything around him collapses. The dream collapses. Nevertheless, he remains serene. 


13 plus years with Max and the last 18 months of those years with cancer had inevitably forced me to face obstacle after obstacle with every minute and day focusing only on giving him more time. Everything happening around me was subconsciously tuned out. Nothing mattered other than time with him and getting him well. 

Those minutes and days for 18 months had changed me. Now, last week I realized it had become a habit. I am able to focus on signals in an ocean of noise. 

Having lived through Max's pain and having lost Max, no obstacle seemed important nor sisyphean. I realize now that Max had gifted me his serenity and the power of going zero to 100 within moments' notice to focus peacefully on anything and anywhere under any dire circumstances. 

Crazy as it sounds, I able to see that in myself now as a spectator from my past self. I have lived through my dreams collapse in front of my eyes and there was nothing I could at that time. But Max made sure even the ruins of the collapsed dreams don't ruin me and instead he transformed me to be a little better living being who can now focus better on what matters. 


I'm going to improvise. Listen, there's something you should know about me... about inception. An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define or destroy you.

No comments: