Sunday, December 25, 2022

Max Holiday Card 2023

Holidays cards without Max by side is a constant remainder of impermanence of life.  Living in Max's Walden without him is not complete but yet he taught me live on for life is rare and precious. 


Erwin's law states that life tends to be far less well studied when we imagine it to be. 

Together, the law of anthropocentrism and Erwin's law are hard to remember in our daily lives. 

It might require a kind of daily affirmation. 

"I am large in a world of small species. 

I am multicellular in a world of single-celled species. 

I have bones in a world of boneless species. 

I am named in a world of nameless species. 

Most of what is knowable is not yet known."

- Excerpts from the book A Natural History of the Future: What the Laws of Biology Tell Us about the Destiny of the Human Species by Rob Dunn







No comments: