Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Third Year Of Eternity

Years of reading neuroscience and other stuff had instilled in me the understanding (and fear) of limits of human memory. 

It's been three years since December 20th 2019 and my fears were rightly placed. I miss Max every second. My memories are now anchored to snippets of times Max and I spent together for 13 years. Outside of those anchor's, my memory fails with an exception of serendipitous recollections. 

My last night with Max's lifeless body, we spelt together like we did for 13 years hoping my breath will give him breath. Morning came and I was the only one breathing. Eternity had already started. 




When Max was a puppy, I almost tried to freeze his DNA. There was cryogenics service available for around $10K. 

I didn't do it. Cloning Max is not the same as Max. I wanted to preserve him as Max for the rest of my life. 

So cloning Max was out of question. 

Luckily my daytime job came to rescue. 

For the past three years, I wanted to train Max's pictures using Generative Adversarial Networks (GAN) and create new synthetic pictures of Max. But I couldn't muster the courage to do so. 

This month, I got the courage. This is my first attempt and I didn't try hard. 

Maybe soon I will do better models using Diffusion models and who knows what future holds? 

These new images below look like Max. They did have Max's signature smile and it made me smile.






No comments: