Monday, December 21, 2009

A talk with Jonah Lehrer

One of the best books of the year was "How we decide" by Jonah Lehrer and here is his talk (earlier talk on edge here), he mentions the famous Somatic Markers Hypothesis card experiment :





Our brain is such a fascinating piece of fluffy flesh and god knows what all its gonna unveil in years to come.

One of the famous lines ever in movie history is from Gone with the wind - "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn."
Now, check out the next line (which happens to be the last line of the movie) from Scarlett in response to the above lines after he walks away - "
I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow."
I think, these lines have lots of neuroscience to it that famous lines. No?

No comments: