Friday, November 12, 2010

Quote of the Day

"There will always be some that cannot be saved.
 It is impossible to save everyone.
 If I have to lose five hundred to earn one thousand,
 I will abandon one hundred and save the lives of nine hundred.
 That is the most efficient method.
 That is the ideal----
 Kiritsugu once said that.
 Of course I got mad.
 I really got mad.
 Because I knew that without being told.
 Because I myself was saved like that.
 I don't even need to be told something as obvious as that.
 But still----I believed that someone would be a superhero if they saved everyone even though they think like that.
 It may be an idealistic thought or an impossible pipe dream, but a superhero is someone who tries to save everyone in spite of that."
        - Emiya Shirou, in Fate/stay night
           (visual novel by Kinoko Nasu; Unlimited Blade Works path, Mirror Moon translation)

No comments: