Monday, April 6, 2020

Mindfulness Meditation Center - Powerful & Blunt Talk From 04/05/2020

I got an email from a friend telling me that this talk by Michael Gregory (a Buddhist monk) reminded them of the way I talk about animals.

Intrigued, I started listening... it is one of the most powerful talks I have heard about animal suffering and how it correlates to the current situation we are facing.

Gregory is wiser than I would ever be and his message is powerful. I highly recommend everyone to listen to this (and also join this Zen Center - they conduct free lectures and meditation online every week).

Many of you wish things go back to normal. If normal involves doing the same things again and again, why do you want to be normal? If normal is the best idea, I wish all of you to be abnormal because this is NOT normal - what we have done to this planet and what we have done to the animals.

We have turned into no big deal to walk into a grocery store and pick your killing. 
 

How can you contribute to suffering and expect not to suffer in return?

If you don't like the effect then don't commit the cause. This is Buddhism. 

We blame to Chinese for having these markets. Look at your own market. What is it filled with? Do you have a mountain of food which is a mountain of death? 
I am not convincing you to become a vegetarian but I am convincing you to accept responsibility to your world.


No comments: