Saturday, December 25, 2021

Max Holiday Card 2022!

I miss the joy of the opening the holiday cards with Max by my side... we usually open the box together and see the wonderful picture of him and kiss and play together :-) 

So I still make his cards for myself and not send to anyone. 

 



We don't get or have time at all, that instead we are time. We'll never get the upper hand in our relationship with the moments of our lives because we are nothing but those moments. To "master" them first entails getting outside of them, splitting off from them. But where would we go?

Time is the substance I am made of. Time is the river that sweeps me along, but I am the river; it is the tiger which destroys me, but I am the tiger; it is the fire which consumes me, but I am the fire. 

There's no scrambling up to the safety of the riverbank when the river is you. And so insecurity and vulnerability are the default state - because in each of the moments that you inescapably are, anything could happen, from an urgent email that scuppers your plans for the morning to a bereavement that shakes your world to its foundations. 

- Excerpts from the book Four Thousand Weeks: Time Management for Mortals by Oliver Burkeman

 








No comments: