Thursday, March 5, 2020

Inheriting Jealousy

For 13 plus years Max would never let me anyone kiss, touch or hug me without getting jealous and jumping all over. Even when his mobility was restricted, he would watch me from a distance kissing Fluffy or Garph... then I would come to him and kiss him more :-)

Now, for the past couple of weeks, something crazy is happening. Every day when I get up, I kiss his ashes and his picture. Neo has started getting jealous and jumps over me when I do this at any time of the day.

Years of this cosseted love has become part of it, call it the second law of thermodynamics.

I’ve found you can choose to let all the things that go wrong in life depress you. Or, you can accept that things will go wrong, try to laugh, and then look at what you can do. There’s a Japanese proverb that gets right to the point: We’re fools whether we dance or not -- so we might as well dance.”
- Peter Atkins

No comments: