Saturday, January 2, 2010

Benefits of opening oneself to new experiences & learning

Good thing that I got to listen to this talk now. Age 35 seems be the crucial cut-off age when we cut off ourselves to new experiences and start dwelling in a self-fullfiling comfortable nostalgic driven familiar world, missing out the wonders left to learn before kicking the bucket. My excuse for slowly cutting out novelty is being grossly satiated with changes. Being a chronic non-risk taker doesn't help either. I have to stop masquerading behind satiation and also understand the difference between learning and experience.
Robert Sapolsky in his own humorous style explains the importance:






"An open mind is a prerequisite to an open heart." Very true, no?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.