Saturday, January 16, 2010

Premature anxiety albeit real

Max had his routine rabies vaccination today and I asked the doc about this. To my relief he laughed and said to Max " buddy you have premature grey like me and we both need some hair coloring!!". I already knew that  but like everyone else hearing those words from a professional is always soothing (and that's why this and this are so damn important). Max never weighed less than 73 lbs in the past 2 years and this is the first time he weighed 70 albeit winter curtailed our frisbee and park ventures. No need to say, I am more than delighted.

It's good to be novel but we do "evolve" better with the music we grew up with and I was fortunate enough to soak in AR Rahman's music. This beautiful song epitomizes the surreal life I share with Max. I wish this goes on forever.




Besides the power of his music, the humility of Rahman is something I always admired (well, I am aware of fundamental attribution error). His Oscar acceptance speech sums it all up:
"
I just want to thank again the whole crew of Slumdog Millionaire,especially Danny Boyle for giving such a great opportunity. And the whole, all the people from Mumbai. The essence of the film which is about optimism and the power of hope in the lives, and all my life I had a choice of hate and love. I chose love and I'm here. God bless."

No comments: