Friday, January 8, 2010

Caught in Avatar epidemic

There has been a surfeit of Avatar everywhere these days. Even David Brooks wrote a blunt column today on the movie. Avatar is a hackneyed story re-packaged with some unprecedented technology. But obviously this is not a movie to be watched on DVD, so I am going tonight after a surprise discovery that the theatre near by has an I-MAX screen. I am sure I will not be disappointed.
2008 was the first year in my life in which I didn't watch a single movie at a theatre. Probably that's why I nudged to visit the theatre the very first week of 2009.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

Balaji Sundaresan said...

Thanks you for using English instead of Chinese :-)
"Matthew Effect" applies to writing as well as learning to program IC Chips