Monday, February 15, 2010

Hachiko: A Dog's Story

I never knew Hollywood made a movie based on Hachiko starring Richard Gere. While watching it , no need to ask, my mirror neurons and flood of oxytocin amalgamated to bring about an odd sense of melancholy. 

After Max came into my life I developed this attitude of rationing my time to everyone, Max being the exception. I have never spent so much time with anyone else like I do with him. Yes, all this to compensate that anthropomorphic time disparity. I have no intention of missing any part of the parity window that has changed my life. Although I shower Max with all the time I can squeeze in a day, somethings in life are beyond control, like say me kicking the bucket. I never feared that, in-fact the curiosity of what's beyond further suppressed any residual fears. Of-course now that Max killed that warrior in me and the very thought of leaving him alone gives me nightmares.

For over 3 years he has been with me, day and night and spoilt and the magical world around him will not be magical without me. May be things might be even better for him without me or he might even forgot me. But once I start hypothesizing, I can rationalize everything under the sun and since last year I have been flirting with categorical imperative, I have been keeping my hypothesizing sessions at bay. Bottom line, since he became my raison d'etre, thanks to him intuitively I have been taking care of myself except this major cognitive dissonance.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers



No comments: